Release Date: July 1, 2018
In this book, Andrew Hind investigates elusive beasts from across Canada, coast to coast, relating the folklore themselves, the types of evidence the monster leaves in its wake, and eyewitness accounts:
• The towering Sasquatch of the Pacific Coast, and Yellowtop, a sub-species of Bigfoot from northern Ontario’s silverfields and which, if recent eyewitnesses are to be believed, may be migrating south into cottage country
• Kempenfelt Kelly, a long-necked saurian forgotten by time that inhabits Lake Simcoe that may be related to the more famous Nessie
• It’s said that a shunka warakin, the terror of the prairies, can bite off a dog’s head with a single bite, disembowel a horse with one slash of its teeth, and raze a homestead overnight, leaving over blood and bones in its wake.
• The Quallupilluk, the Inuit hag that steals babies and drags them into the freezing waters, a haglike boogeyman of the Arctic
• The flittering night time horror of monstrous-sized bats, reported from all over North America and into Canada. Does science support the possibility of such huge chiptera?
Andrew Hind is a freelance writer who specializes in history and travel and has a passion for bringing to light little-remembered episodes in history. He has contributed to numerous magazine publications and conducts guided historical and ghost tours, helping people connect with the past in a personal way.
Andrew developed a love for history and the mysterious early on, and he hopes, through his writing, to inspire a similar passion in others. Andrew has always loved the mystery of ghosts and hauntings and has wanted to share those stories for a very long time. You can follow him on Twitter @discoveriesAM.
Title: Canadian Monsters
& Mythical Creatures
Author: Andrew Hind
Paperback, 8.25″ x 5.25″, 232 pages
Format: Trade Paper
ePUB ISBN: 978-1-926695-38-9
Retail List Price: $16.95
Subject Code: BISAC: OCC029000
BISAC CATEGORY: BODY, MIND &
SPIRIT / Unexplained Phenomena
Quagmire Press Titles are distributed by Lone Pine Publishing.
To order this title and for terms of sale, contact your regional Lone Pine sales representative or call the national order desk at 1-800-661-9017.